All in all, AT&T cell phone insurance plans seem like a good deal for those who want to protect their iPhone from damage and theft. Although the deductible is a bit high at first, it goes down over time and is much more reasonable after a year without claims. On top of this, the $ 7.99 monthly fee isn’t terrible for protecting your shiny new iPhone.
It’s worth noting that the mobile protection package is likely not worth the extra $ 4 per month compared to mobile insurance. Apple’s free Find My iPhone app works just as well as Protect Plus, and there are plenty of free technical support sources on the web (hint: you’re reading one now).
Sprint Insurance for iPhone
Sprint has two mobile insurance plans: Total Equipment Protection and Total Equipment Protection Plus. These plans offer a bit more detail than their competitors, but are also marginally higher priced. On the plus side, all plans offer quick replacement devices for broken, lost, or stolen iPhones.
Deductible prices range from $ 50 to $ 200 per claim, although iPhones range from $ 100 to $ 200. Unsurprisingly, this fee is only charged if your iPhone is damaged or stolen. The deductible price is as follows:
- iPhone SE
- Iphone 5c
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- Iphone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
As I said earlier, Sprint’s insurance plans have a few more details on the other Big Three’s mobile insurance options. However, even with this in mind, Sprint plans are very straightforward. I’ve broken them down below:
- Total Equipment Protection: $ 9-11 per month (device dependent)
- Protection against loss, theft, damage and other iPhone malfunctions.
- Overnight replacement and 24/7 claims so you’re never without a smartphone.
- 20GB of cloud storage for your photos and videos in the Sprint Gallery app for Android and iPhone.
- Total Equipment Protection Plus – $ 13 per month
- Everything included in the Total Equipment Protection plan.
- Access to technical support and access to the Sprint mobile support application.