If you thought that baldness is for older men, you need to think again! Baldness is a common type of hair loss that can affect just about anyone, old or not. In fact, research reveals that 16% of men may start to experience severe hair loss at any age between 18 and 29.
While this is true, baldness can be very embarrassing to most people, even older men. It is worse if you are still young. In general, no one likes losing their hair at any time in their life. Luckily, if you suffer from baldness, you don’t have to stomach the embarrassment. All you need to do is get a Toupee for men.
– What is a Toupee?
A toupee is a hairpiece or a small wig made from artificial or synthetic hair. It is usually worn on the balding area of your scalp to hide your hair loss.
Most people confuse toupees with a wig, but there is a slight difference between the two.
A wig is a little bit bigger than a toupee, and it’s mostly for covering the whole scalp.
Toupee is smaller and is usually used to cover the balding area on your scalp. It should blend with your hair so that no one notices your baldness.
Politicians, performers, actors, and other celebrities have, for a long time, used this solution to hide their baldness, and so far, so good. Most of them can confirm that it is reliable.
– Best Way to Attach Men’s Toupee
If you plan to attach a Toupee for men, you can either use glue (water-based adhesive) or tape adhesive. But if you are searching for something that will stay longer, combining the two is a much better solution.
– Attaching the Toupee Using Tape and Glue
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to attach your hairpiece
- First, make sure that your scalp is clean and dry. You do not want the glue to mix with any form of dirt or dust.
- Mark the hairline using a marker pen to ensure that you place the hairpiece where it should be with precision.
- Place the hairpiece in the rightful position on the scalp
- Remove the cover on the tape and attach the temples
- Now, firmly secure the toupee into position, and be patient because this might take some time.
- After that, carefully apply the glue using a brush and do it repeatedly
- Hold the hair using a hair clip to prevent it from sticking to the glue
- Allow the adhesive time to dry. It might take around 10-15 minutes
- After the glue dries, fix it on the temple and hold it firmly for a short period to ensure a strong bond.
- Now feel free to style your hair to your own liking.
Just like that, and you won’t have to worry about your baldness anymore. Using tape and glue is the best way to ensure that your hairpiece stays on the head for longer. However, the outcome will depend on the quality of the tape, glue, and toupee you buy and the person you hire to fix it for you.
Make sure you hire an expert and get your supplies from a reliable source to avoid unnecessary disappointments.